Friday, March 12, 2010

Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Polish and Maybelline Lasting Drama

An unexpected detour took us by the CVS tonight and I told Anson to pull in. I wanted new polish. I always want new polish. I found this. Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Polish at 8.50ea. I bought it with hopes that it would look like the Minx nails without the asinine price. And I have to say it is fairly close to it. Its got a smooth formula that is easy to apply and dries fast. The metallics in the polish are very fine so that when it dries you don't see the brush lines you would get in other metallic polishes. Ignore the silver finger, I didn't pump enough polish out of it, and it made lines. In the pics below, I didn't properly prep my nails so its a lil bumpy.Can you tell I prefer the purple? But you can see that the varnish is indeed shiny like chrome. I'm sure the shine would intensify with a topcoat. Buts its late, I should be alseep, the only reason I can't sleep is because the rain keeps me up. So I decided to try the polishes. I will definately go back and get the other colors. I just wish it came in a bottle. These brushes on the nail color pens are not as firm as I'd like, and it make getting near the cuticles harder. I guess it just takes practice.

Then I came across Maybelline's Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eye Liner. I don't know when it was released but my friend PP will be happy to know its now available in the US. On our girl's trip to Japan last May she bought a pot of this and fell in love instantly, went back the next day to stock up cause she knew this was not available back home. I got the eggplant color (I'm trying to move away from black and embracing the Aubergine/Eggplant colors) I will try it and post pics later. I'm in bed and not going to wash my face again just for one eye.Then again I can paint on some crazy eye make up and scare the crap out of Anson...hmm

No comments:

Post a Comment