Thursday, December 23, 2010

Tired of teaching your parents?

Let google do it. Everytime I visit my parents I have to reteach my mother about email and browsers. This time google will do it for me. They have a site that is simple enough to use. With Teach parents tech  you just check a series of boxes appropriate to your situation, and they send how-to videos about what your parents want to learn. I've just sent one to my mom, now I just have to wait till I see her to show her how to access her email and watch the video.

2 comments:

  1. Your parents will actually follow these tutorials? Mine calls me regardless. When something doesn't work, you'd expect them to try again before calling. Nope! I get a call the instant the internet doesn't work. Every time I ask them "did you power cycle the modem or router." And every time, they'll ask "how do you do that again?"

    Sigh....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom will write it down, and shes good till she loses that paper and we have to go thru it all again.

    ReplyDelete