Friday, August 13, 2010

My 1st Digital Perm

Having craved wavy locks for ages, I finally decided to get a perm after reading about digital perms. So its supposed to give you looser curls. I went to a Chinese beauty salon after looking up every salon in NOVA that had one. Most were Chinese or Korean salons and there was one American salon that charged 300! I paid $150 and that included a cut. First there was a wash, then a cut to thin out my hair. Now I have never gotten a perm ever so I dont know what these steps are called so I'm just gonna make em up. The 1st was some kind of conditioning with a hot rotating halo for 20 or so mins. Then the hair was rolled and hooked up to the digital perm machine for like 20mins. Then I sat under a blowdrying dome for 10mins. They then put a horseshoe shaped dish around my neck and rinsed the perm with a solution. Finally wash and blowdryed a bit. She insisted that my hair be air dried. And this is the result after air drying.
Here I'm nervous about the perms cause the rollers looked small.
I have to wait a week before I do any major styling, but I think I can get the big waves I want with blow drying. And then color! I'm leaning towards a dark caramel color but that may be too far on the blonde side. But then again its almost fall so I could do a red color. Decisions Decisions

2 comments:

  1. what salon did you get this perm done at?! it is exactly what i want!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A salon in Rockville, Maryland called Beautiful life.

    ReplyDelete